Sunday 1 April 2018

Creating scenes with Dies

Hi guys its Natalie on the blog today and I want to show you how to create a scene card using your dies as stencils. They are perfect if you would like to create a one layered scene card but are nervous about drawing in the details yourself. I chose to create a garden scene with the Somebunny Stamp set and to create my background I used the Rainbow Die, Outdoor Landscape 2 Dies snd the Garden Border Dies.



I started by making the base of my card using the Inside Scalloped Rectangle Dies once cut take out the middle part from the frame as we don't want the frame to get ink on it and place the frame to one side. Taking the middle part its time to lay out our scene I cut out the garden border for the soil and the little picket fence from the Outdoor Landscape 2 Dies from some scrap paper so  I could lay them out with the clear stamps of the bunny and carrot house to make sure I have things in the right positions.



Once you have everything in the right place then its time to draw  around everything ready to colour in. Try to lightly draw the images in so that they are easier to rub out later on.. Now its time to stamp out the bunny and carrot house I decided to try out some no line colouring so I used the antique linen distress ink to stamp these out as its a light neutral colour. The last thing to add to the scene is some clouds you just need to cut out one cloud and then you can move it around a place a few randomly in the sky.



Then its time to colour up the image I used some warm greys for the picket fence, clouds and bunny making sure the ears are darker than the cloud to distinguish between the two. I used the same oranges on the carrot house and the carrots and again using the same greens on the carrot tops and bow tie. Then a few shades of blue for the sky and brown for the soil. I like to keep my colour pallet limited so that you focus on the image and your eyes aren't distracted by all the colours. Try and avoid colouring over the pencil lines so either draw up to them or rub them out lightly first as once the marker is over the pencil you wont be able to rub it out.
Once I was happy with the colouring it was time to stick the frame back together and place it on some warm grey cardstock. the trick I use to easily stick the frame and base together is just placing them together upside down and then running the tape runner along the joins this enables us to easily stick it to the grey cardstock. Then its just time to stick it to your card base and its all finished up! I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial today and I look forward to seeing all your one layer scene cards!





http://craftindesertdivas.com/rainbow-die/
Rainbow Die

Outdoor Landscape Dies 2


Somebunny

Inside Scalloped Rectangle Die

Garden Border Dies


No comments:

Post a Comment